The truth about Online Spam and Security Website
February 27, 2015
Once you understand the importance of constructing a secure website you will automatically understand the various aspects surrounding Online Spam and Security Website and you will also realize that Spam no longer a problem with DKIM.
The need in building a secure website
- It is no secret that the internet is being used more and more by businesses houses and by individuals in an effort to expand their business or activities to a wider audience. However you should note that the number of rouges and hackers has also increased by the double and one cannot afford to take things for granted. To safeguard your business at all times you should put in time to work on creating a secure website at any cost.
- People who own ecommerce websites should focus on building websites that are secure so that their customers feel confident while carrying out financial transactions. The risk factor on such website is high as hackers and spammers target these websites on a regular basis.
- Popular ecommerce websites usually attract high volume traffic and lack of security could automatically cause a dip in popularity hence the business will suffer heavy losses. If customers ever get the feeling that their personal information such as account number or credit card number is being stolen; they will lose faith on the website and will hence look for other secured website.
Factors to consider before you start building a website that is secure
Studying these factors will help you immensely in understanding the aspects of Online Spam and Security Website.
- Firstly you should locate a hosting company that will give you sufficient amount of protection while hosting your website.
- Once you have located a reliable webhosting company you will then have to decide on the kind of hosting services that you want to avail.
Valuable tips on how you can add high security to your website in the shortest time possible
The good news is that you do not have to be victimized by the various hackers and spammers as you can secure your website in the best possible way.
- To begin with, you must check the operating software that the server uses and make sure that it has all the updated security patches. This will not pose as a problem as all the operating software come with a system with automatic updating facility; you simply have to enable the feature.
- You must go through the configuration of your firewall in order to make sure that you are getting the very best protection on your website.
- Be sure to run an anti malware software that will eliminate the chances of malicious attacks on your system. Go through all the inputs on your site; this is one area that is attacked by the hackers. They tend to insert scripts into the various inputs and try to get into your system.
- You have to keep in mind that the hackers have the ability wreak havoc on your system so you have to employ the best possible security technique that will also ensure the safety of your website at all times.
- So the security and protection of your website should be the thing that matters to you the most. Taking the time to construct a website that is safe and secure will help you earn long term profits as your customers will feel safe to visit your website.
Spam no longer a problem with DKIM
January 24, 2015
A common complaint among email users is that their mail box or inbox often gets jam packed with spam mails. This makes the inbox unnecessarily cluttered. Even deleting thousands of spam mails is time consuming and often a complete waste of time. Most spam mails are promotional mails that companies send with the intention of catching the eyes of the reader so as to advertise about themselves, their products or services. But how many of us actually read these spam mails? In most cases, spam gets deleted unopened and unread. So it is a complete waste of effort from the advertisers end as well. It is important that the server hosts employ effective spam filtering measures to prevent the clogging of inboxes with spam and other unwanted and useless mails.
Spam filter packages are easily available. The packages offered vary in strength and capacity and also differ in their pricing. The demand today is for Anti-Spam: technology for your server. With the evolving technology, people are no longer satisfied with just any anti-spam mechanism. They have smartly switched over to the use of external anti spam clusters that works much better than the traditional anti-spam methods employed earlier. Depending upon the website traffic, one can choose the type of spam filter for installation.
DKIM Reputation is a leading online spam and security website that provides users with 100 percent assurance when it comes to spam filtration. All one has to do is to install the DKIM Reputation set up in their mailing system. DKIM aims at creating a method for ensuring that people receive only genuine mails while bordering out spammers. DKIM is an online spam and security website that detects the origin of the email. This ensures the legitimacy of the received mail and gives the assurance for only genuine emails received by the user. Most emails are authenticated using the domain key and the sender ID. Having the DKIM security in your system guarantees,
- Detection of false mails
- Elimination of spam
- Deletion of spoofing and phishing
DKIM is an email validation system designed to detect spam. It makes use of a public or private encrypted key approach to provide authentication to domains that send emails. The mechanism is like building the reputation of an email that decides whether the mail contains useful content or is a spam. It is a system used by leading names like Yahoo, Gmail, Fastmail and AOL. The reputation data is sent by DKIM to the spam filter clusters.
Many may wonder whether the anti-spam clusters are effective or not. Some key advantages of Anti-Spam: technology for your server include,
- Anti spam filters have higher filtering capacity and can filter more mails at a go.
- Greater protection of systems is possible as all virus, threats and malware are detected and curbed quickly.
- Domain protection against malware helps prevent harm to the system via the internet.
- Filters are updated and programmed to detect newer spam.
Welcome to DKIM Reputation!
September 4, 2014
The DKIM Reputation Project’s aim is to improve spam filtering based on DKIM signed emails. Therefore we provide the following free and open services:
We also propagate the spread of authenticated email with the Sender Authentication Initiative!
As a practical application for email sender authentication we introduced a project called ‘Message Faces’ in the past for a better visual recognition of the people sending email to you. In our opinion such user-centric applications should favor the adaption of sender authentication. The project was terminated because of a lack of funding but may be revived in a new context.
How can I help?
We are always looking for people that share our ideas and that want to improve our free services. The ways you can help us:
Just get in contact with us!
Anti-Spam: Technology For Your Server
September 4, 2014
One of the problems that people these days are always troubled with is spam. Arriving in the amounts of thousands sometimes, spam is not only exasperating, but also time-consuming. It almost seems pointless for all companies who intend to promote themselves, since no one ever pays attention to spam. But it does not change the fact that you never want it clogging the drains of the plumbing in your server. Thus, it is necessary for server hosts to employ effective spam resistant technologies to ensure that the smooth functioning of their accounts.
Today, there are numerous spam filter packages of varying capacities and strengths, with each priced at their own range. As technology has evolved, so has the way of fighting spam. The traditional methods are now obsolete and archaic, and people have now turned to external anti-spam methods.
When looking to protect your dedicated server from spam, it is best to go for an anti-spam cluster. Unlike traditional anti-spam methods, an external anti-spam cluster is not a part of the email system and can thus function more effectively than them.
• An anti-spam cluster can filter many more messages than a traditional filter can. Their filtering capacities are advanced and lie in millions.
• All viruses, malware, and other threats detected are quickly implemented against, thus protecting the system.
• Anti-spam methods will protect your domain against malware, viruses, phishing software and other threats that might harm your system through the internet.
• Most anti-spam software are also updated and programmed to recognize new spam forms instantly and will thus save you from the hassle of having to update every time you hear news of new forms of spam going around.
Types of Spam Filters:
Depending on the strength and requirements, there are different types of spam filters for various servers. For example, general websites that have low to medium traffic and not much work except transfer of data might not require strong spam filters. An economy filter will be ample for them.
However, advanced filters may be needed for websites that see heavy traffic on a daily basis and require running on their interface large, memory consuming applications. These need RAM that is easily upgradable and expandable and storage that is enough for running apps without slowing down. Such spam filters may cost more than ordinary ones that only filter simple emails.
What to do when looking for spam filters?
When looking for efficient spam filters that will protect your PC from threats and viruses make sure that you first look at all features of the software. It is best if the anti-spam control has additional features like report generation, white labeling and queuing up emails. Although these features may not always be necessary, it does help to extra hands on deck.
Additionally, a beneficial tip for you will be to look for spam filters that offer per domain licensing instead of the usual per use licensing and cost, thus making hosting website less costly.
Spam Assassin For cPanel
September 4, 2014
People that use InMotion Hosting for their website have access to the free tool of Spam Assassin. Spam Assassin is used to block unwelcomed email from hitting your inbox; to use this feature you have to enable it using you cPanel, which is your control center for your website. Spam Assassin is different from other email filtering tools; this software catches the spam once it hits your server- meaning that it gets rid of the email before it hits your inbox.
Spam Assassin level of security is number one to ten, each level tells the software the level of spam security your dedicated server is working on. When you enable the software, it is automatically set on five. This point system uses hits to filter the spam. Spam Assassin finds characteristics in emails that are associated with spam and gives the email a point value between one and ten. This means if the email hits more points then you have set for the software then it will be sent to your spam folder.
The lower you have it set, the more messages that will be flagged as spam. So this means if you have it set on one, then if it just has one characteristic of spam email, it will get flagged. If you have it set on ten then if it has less than ten characteristics then it will end up in you inbox and not spam. This is why the default setting is five on the software. You should try out all the setting until you find one that works the best for you.
Enabling Spam Assassin is fast and easy to do. The first thing you want to do is log onto your cPanel. After you have logged in you want to look under Mail for Spam Assassin icon. Now you want to enable it by clicking on Enable Spam Assassin. Spam Assassin is now is enabled on your computer; after it is enabled you can go and set the settings on Spam Assassin. It also has a feature where you can blacklist emails that you don’t want to receive, in addition to a white list that will keep important emails out of your spam folder.
To make sure that Spam Assassin is working at its maxim capacity you also want to set up Filter/Message through your email provider as well. Setting up these filters will keep junk mail from entering your inbox. The emails that are spam will begin with ***SPAM*** which will be sent to your junk mail folder. This step will advance the way Spam Assassin works in your email.
Spam Assassin will keep you inbox from receiving any unwanted emails and keep your important ones from making it to your junk folder. Spam Assassin can work on multiple email accounts as long as they are connected to your cPanel. Now that you can keep unwanted emails out of your inbox, you can do more important things on your site.